Applications are now being accepted for 2 members on the FPM Professional Standards Committee (FPMPSC). If you would like to be considered for these vacancies, please complete and return the application form and a copy of your CV to email@example.com by 5PM Wednesday 19th May 2021. Please click here to download the application form and for further details on the roles.
One of the roles available is a dual role co-opted to the FPM Medicines Advisory Group (MAG). The MAG was founded in September 2019 to make appropriate recommendations to FPMPSC with regard to educational materials, optimisation projects and guidance on pain medicines. If you would like to apply for this role please make this clear in your application.
Terms of service
The term of office for Committee members is three years. Second terms are at the discretion of the Faculty Board.
Those eligible to stand must:
- Be a Fellow, Associate Fellow, Affiliate Fellow or Member of the Faculty of Pain Medicine in active practice.
- Be up to date with current matters affecting Pain Medicine
- Have capacity to undertake the role. It is recommended that potential Committee members discuss their appointment with hospital colleagues and senior management to ensure they can dedicate the appropriate time to the role.
Dual roles co-opted to MAG:
- The applicant must have specific interest and skills in medicine management.
Duties of Professional Standards Committee members
- Reading all papers and emails relevant to the work of the Committee.
- Attending all required meetings and taking an active part in discussions.
- Taking on projects and work streams of the Committee.
- Writing updates, proposals or other written materials for the work of the Committee.
- Producing articles or content for the FPM newsletters, Transmitter, and the Faculty website.
- Attending all meetings of their assigned boards, committees or working groups.
- Upholding the high standard of the Faculty and its work.
- Where roles are advertised as a dual post that is MAG co-optee and PSC member, attendance at MAG meetings is required.
Any questions? Email Emmy Kato-Clarke if you would like any further information or an opportunity for an informal discussion firstname.lastname@example.org